You need a clear purpose to build a website, do you really need a website.
It's really just a website or a great website. A website just not needs a website it needs website with a clear, crisp, easy to navigate design, with superb usability and functionality. You need to be updating your website, whether you have a small business, large organization or a corporate brand.
The hourly rate is between 10$ - 50$ but it may vary from company to company and the experience, and quality they deliver with each hour they spend on your project. Web design cost usually is determined based on the estimated number of hours that will include design, development and maintenance of your website. So it's better to have an idea of the features that you would like for your website and from where you will obtain the content for your website before website cost estimation.
It is essential to build the websites responsive, so that they look great on every size screen and devices, by using CMS or Content Management System. Google is now so strict with its ethics, it punishes rankings for non mobile - friendly sites, a business can no longer afford a website which is not responsive.
A website cost can vary depending on your individual needs of business, here are some idea about the costs, which may be helpful to you:
What Does A Website Cost
- Domain Name - It is minimum 1$ for new domains, some old domains are also available which may cost in the millions, you probably may use new one.
- Hosting - There are commonly three types of hosting like dedicated, shared, free, it depends on your choice, generally its cost 30$ -500$ per year. It can add additional amount if you like a static IP address.
- Custom Design/Information Architecture - This includes the visual design, UX design, imagery collection, and sitemap and page structure generation, it may vary.
- Shopping Cart Integration & Programming - It depends on what functionality you want in your website, shopping cart, paid plugins, and custom feature development can cost extra.
- Website Content Creation - 10$-50$ per page or hourly, you can write your website's content yourself, or you can hire a content writing firms which generally costs 100$-1000$ or you can outsource it which generally charge at 10$-50$ her hour.
- Project Management & Information Gathering - It needed to maintain a communications with you to build a great website, thus the price including initial consultations, phone calls, that needs to obtain the information which makes your website going well. So the price may vary.
- Testing & Training - While there are most websites are built on CMS but there may be some training needed to operate your website's functionalities as well as ensuring the proper working a website. It's costing depends on the website size. Minimum will be 50$.
- Website Managed Services - It can cost at least 500$. It can include blog writing, post-launch testing, and content maintenance. It may also include marketing and advertising services including AdWords, Pay Per Click Marketing, Social Media Advertising etc.
It is for small and individual business. It may cost for Free or 50$ per month or fixed price such as 500$.
There are amazing tools are available on online like wix.com, squarespace.com and many others. You can develop your website by yourself if you have a little bit knowledge of designing and programming. You will not charge for it. But coding and design are going complex with itself.
A basic design, website works as an online brochure, it does not establish necessary presence to answer your online question, it may or may not have a two way conversation with your audience. It has transacted business directly through your website, or enable you to manipulate and update the pages and content, without hiring a web programmer/ designer to do it for you. A basic website will serve to brand and market your company. The design of your website is like a template at a low cost.
Advanced websites are for medium sized businesses it cost between 2000$ - 50000$ or more.
It covers the total money needed in a project throughout the project itself like phone calls, testing, training. Depending on the artistic design as well as CMS, these websites are created with both functionality and design in mind, as you will receive the custom design you will have the ability to manage your updates like images, blogs, content, or your website pages. The CMS will give you endless possibilities.
These websites are developed with the idea of a number of significant changes, updating, manipulation. Instead of charged hourly rates to make such changes. A CMS enables you to do a majority of changes without having a prior knowledge designing and coding. It includes a 2 - way communication, you can write a Blog where your audience can ask for queries and you can answer them or the audience can generally communicate with each other.
These websites are coded with CSS and XHTML coded to allow your site look the same as nearly on every computer and will also search on Search Engine Optimization for higher natural ranking.
When someone needs the specific website which performs very unique functions, falls under this category. The costing part entirely varies requirement to requirement.
If you are looking for a website which is incorporated all the functionalities and designing like blogs, social networking, or any other high technical web application that will interact with your audience. It means that your website needs to expertise and attention of an experienced web developer (s) and a website designer (s). This kind of website requires a planning, research, analysis, consultancy, database design, implementation, software development, integration and testing.
Here are some reasons why this category is expensive because of - time deadline, number of meetings are more, more people and approvals are involved, more exact content specification, security concerns, more pages of content to port, government or other requirements.
E - commerce website is a business purpose website to sell multiple products. It includes the ability to add product, and make transactions online that means accepting the payments for the product, and facility shipping, correspondence purchase etc.
It also varies in price levels for example, a single PayPal button or the ability to accept the payments. There are a lot of questions to address regarding to site and account, PayPal. It has a number of questions in the list.
If you are starting to add products, shipping, transactional email, etc. It's going to be complex. Generally, an e commerce website needs - Server Setup SSL selection, purchase Merchant Account Setup Payment Processor Setup Shipping Setup - Including coordination/setup of accounts Transactional Email.
So it can be cost of low price like 1000$ to higher price like 5000$.
Wishbone Software is a full-service web development company and our goal is to bring your ideas to life using robust solutions to turn your "Concept" into a reality. Our multifaceted team has combined 40+ years of experience with expertise in web development, design, android applications, SEO, Social Media Marketing and iPhone applications to name a few. Every project is a unique, and we will work with you to collaboratively bring your ideas to life. No concept is too big or too small to surface, and we'll work with you to find an affordable solution to creating the site your business deserves.